Philo Barnhart is known for his work on The Little Mermaid (1989), Beauty and The Beast (1991), The Secret of NIMH (1982) and The Black Cauldron (1985).
From the Hanna Barbera Godzilla series, animation and illustration artist for Disney Studio and many other studios and publishing firms. Known for his work on feature-length films, Philo has worked on fan favorites The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, as well as special effects for Star Trek: The Motion Picture. He was an animator on the Hanna Barbera Godzilla series in the late 70s.
Philo Barnhart has also worked on numerous other animated TV shows and video games including The Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Dragons Lair, and many more. If you are lucky you will hear his story about being an extra in Mary Poppins. He will be available for signing autographs and offering selfie photo ops along with new and commissioned works.
Daily and weekend passes available while supply lasts. After-party events Friday and Saturday nights available online.
Friday November 25: vendors and artists will be open from 4:00 until 8:00 pm, with a preview for VIPs opening at 3:00 pm.
Saturday November 26: vendors and artists will be open from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm, with special early buyers access at 9:00 am.
Sunday November 27: vendors and artists will be open from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm, with special early buyers access at 9:00 am
Philo Barnhart Credits Include:
- 1995 The Tale of Tillie’s Dragon (Short) (additional layout artist)
- 1991 Beauty and the Beast (key assistant animator: Gaston – uncredited)
- 1991 Dragon’s Lair II: Timewarp (Video Game) (key assistant animator)
- 1990 The Rescuers Down Under (character key)
- 1990 Roller Coaster Rabbit (Short) (assistant animator)
- 1989 The Little Mermaid (character designer) / (character key)
- 1989 Happily Ever After (animator) / (key assistant animator) / (model designer)
- 1987 Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night (key assistant animator)
- 1986 An American Tail (character key assistant – uncredited)
- 1984-1985 The Smurfs (TV Series) (character designer – 50 episodes)
- 1985 Galtar and the Golden Lance (TV Series) (character designer – 1985-1986)
- 1985 The Black Cauldron (assistant animator)
- 1983 Space Ace (Video Game) (key assistant animator)
- 1983 Dragon’s Lair (Video Game) (key assistant animator)
- 1983 Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore (Short) (key assistant animator)
- 1982 Heidi’s Song (assistant animator)
- 1982 The Secret of NIMH (character key assistant)
- 1979-1980 ABC Weekend Specials (TV Series short) (assistant animator – 4 episodes)
- 1979 Plastic Man (TV Series) (assistant animator – 1979)
Meet Philo Barnhart Animator & Illustrator for Disney Studios Nov 25-27
About this event:
November 25-27, 2022 – NorthEast ComicCon & Collectibles Extravaganza
NorthEast ComicCon & Collectibles Extravaganza, November 25-27, 2022, returns to Boxboro Regency Hotel in Boxborough, MA for 3 days of Collectors’ and Fans’ Experiences.
Vendors selling comics, toys, art, books, memorabilia, crafts, and pop culture collectibles.
Celebrity Guests signing autographs and offering selfie photo ops(both for a fee), along with Comic book artists, writers and creators will be announced on the website www.NEComicCons.com.
About the Venue
Stay the weekend! The Boxboro Regency Hotel has a variety of rooms available including standard guestrooms, suites, and executive suites. All rooms include free Wi-Fi access, cable TV with HBO, and a refrigerator. Many rooms have mini-fridges and/or a balcony or terrace overlooking the indoor pool. Suites also include sofa beds and microwaves, while higher-end suites have separate living rooms. The on-site full-service restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and serves modern American fare. Guests can unwind on the indoor pool deck. Amenities consist of a tropical atrium with a fountain, free Wi-Fi, free parking, disabled access, an indoor pool, restaurant, bar, room service, and air conditioning. Refrigeration, Airport Shuttle, Pets Allowed, Dogs Allowed (please call hotel for more information 978-263-8701). In addition, for hotel guests, the Boxboro Regency Hotel provides a fully equipped fitness center that includes changing rooms and showers, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, and free weights. Stay in control of your business with an on-site business center, which offers computer, printer, and fax services.
In addition to the many pleasant restaurants located close to the hotel, there is also delicious dining options on site. Minuteman Grille American Pub serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is also possible to enjoy a delicious meal in the comfort of your own room.