Props, Costumes & Weapons Rules
- This is a family and kid friendly event. Attendees wearing costumes that are too revealing, inappropriate, or offensive will be asked to cover up or leave the show. For example, using body paint, underwear, swimsuits, etc. in place of clothing is not appropriate.
- All weapons will be subject to inspection before entry and at any point during the convention.
- No functioning weapons are permitted including guns, projectile weapons, water guns, knives, blunt objects, etc. This also includes any explosives (including firecrackers, caps, fireworks) and chemical weapons (mace, pepper spray, etc).
- Metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatchets, knives, kunai, swords, sword canes, etc.) must remain sheathed and zip-tied.
- Replica firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns, and pellet guns) must be marked with orange tip.
- Show security and event staff reserve the right to inspect and remove any weapon or prop at any time.
This is a harassment-free convention experience for everyone. Harassment of any convention participants (including attendees, exhibitors, vendors, press, volunteers, staff, etc.) will not be tolerated. Derogatory sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any convention venue. Attendees violating these rules will be warned or expelled from the convention, without a refund, at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, etc., inappropriate physical contact, intimidation, stalking, inappropriate photography or recording and event disruption. Those asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. The convention organizer and/or the Boxborough Police may take any action they deem appropriate, including expelling the offender from the convention without a refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of convention staff or security immediately. Convention staff can be identified by their volunteer shirts/special badges/headsets. Convention staff will help those being harassed by assisting in contacting security or local law enforcement.